The smooth start to the school term and reconnecting your child with learning has faced it's first obstacle today, with a parent reporting a positive test of a child in our school. Parents in the class of this child have been informed with children in this class being sent home to isolate for 14 days.
All other classes have had no direct contact with the child and therefore can continue to attend school, if they are not showing COVID symptoms.
The following advice is reproduced for you.
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
- If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should remain at home for at least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared.
- All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days.
- The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be taken within the home.
- Household members staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community
- If you are able can, move any vulnerable individuals (such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) out of your home, to stay with friends or family for the duration of the home isolation period
Symptoms of COVID 19
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Thank you for your support and understanding.