We are all part of our HJS community, but we are part of a wider community too. The community embraces where we live, where we do our shopping, where we go for a walk or to be in nature. This challenge is about doing something for that community. Can you do something for the community at large or something for an individual member of it. You can choose your own activity or check out our suggestions below.
Some suggestions for this challenge would be:
- Is there an unloved area of our community which would benefit from a bit of litter picking?
- Could you join in with one of the RSPB working parties to improve the nature reserve?
- Is there a community event that you could get involved with organising or go along and support?
- Could you write a letter to our local councillor or MP about a community issue you feel strongly about?
- Could you help an older person who finds it harder to get out and about to do some shopping or gardening?
- Could you write a letter or make a card for a friend or relative who is feeling sad or unwell?
- Could you make a welcome card for someone new moving into our school or the street where you live to make them feel welcome?