Admissions, Administration and Data
Please read the information given below which gives details of our admission arrangements for the school.
We are not able to admit children directly into school. You need to contact the Education Department at the Council Office. For those who pay council tax to Sandwell this would be 0121 569 2200 and ask for Admissions and Appeals Department.
The Admission arrangement for school can also be found in our on line school prospectus. A copy of this information is shown below
Sandwell Local Authority is responsible for admissions to the school. The order for entry to Junior Schools is summarised as follows: -
1. Children with Special Educational Needs undergoing assessment under Sections 321 and 323 of the Education Act 1996.
2. Children with a brother and/or sister attending the school or at an Infant School on the same site or nearby at the same time regardless of distance from home to school.
3. Denominational grounds, supported by the Church, regardless of distance from home to school.
4. To meet the child's medical needs (recommended and supported by a doctor's certificate) regardless of distance from home to school.
5. Distance measured in a straight line from a child's home to the nearest available entrance to the school.
If you would like further information regarding admission to Hamstead Junior School please contact:
Education and Lifelong Learning
PO Box 16230
Sandwell Council House
Telephone 0121 569 2200.